Sunday, January 27, 2013

Family is a Treasure


My family is my treasure! My husband and my children are my life, my mother is my best friend, and my brothers hold a place deep in my heart. My grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws and even steps are precious gifts as well. Every day I give thanks for the moments spent with my family … the yesterdays, the todays, and the tomorrows … the good times and the bad … the thick and the thin… the laughter and the tears. I wouldn’t trade a moment! As long as I live I will remember the past, cling tight to each present moment and long for just one more day. I am well aware that we never know what tomorrow may bring. We’ve each been given just one lifetime and one family. Families were meant to be together, for however long God will allow, and we were meant to make memories and bonds with each other to cross generations and lifetimes for years to come!

Therefore, it breaks my heart to pieces when I see other families throwing away their present moments for no better reason than the sake of old grudges. There is nothing in this world worth breaking apart a family! We all have our issues … annoying habits and difficult personalities to ignore. We all make mistakes … say things we don’t mean and do things we can’t take back. But burned bridges actually can be rebuilt; and wounds, though they may scar, do heal in the end. Remember that no cut is too deep … it is the bloodline of a family that runs deeper yet! There are far too many things breaking families apart that are beyond our control to waste one moment waiting for those things to arrive.

So I tell you with urgency and a tear in my eye … Whether you are someone who needs to forgive or the one who needs forgiveness; whether you think you are right or the one that is wrong ; whether you are the one who should make the first move, the one to encourage, or the one who needs to step aside and allow a loved one to make a mends … perhaps you have even forgotten what the fight has been for. Whoever you are … LISTEN to me today. Lay down your swords. Let go of your pride and let go of your fears! Shed your resentments, your envy, or your shame. Step aside … do your part … forgive … forget … and damn it, get on with it TODAY!!

No comments: