Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I Am Thankful Today ...


Throughout our lives, we have all had a variety of years … successful years that give us much to be thankful for, challenging years that make us dig deep to find our gratitude, and many “normal” years that we tend to take for granted and therefore often forget to count our blessings.  Perhaps you had a year of successful accomplishments, of challenges survived, or maybe mistakes you have learned from.  Perhaps you had a year of refreshing firsts or tender lasts.  Whatever your year may have held, please join me this Thanksgiving in reflecting on the year with gratitude …
  
I am most thankful for my family … those who are with us every day, providing us with many moments to treasure; those we don’t see as often as we should; those who have moved away and we see but once or twice a year; and those who graced our lives for but a short time now visiting us only in our memories and in our hearts.  Perhaps you have family you long to forgive … maybe now is the time to make that happen. 
      
I am thankful for friends and coworkers … those we see every day, those we vow to see more often, those who have retired or moved away, and even those we may only visit via email, text or facebook.   

I am thankful for goals accomplished … we can all be proud of our successes; but I am also thankful for the goals that we still struggle to attain … thankful to always have something more to strive for each day. 

I am thankful for the simple things … the beauty of nature that surrounds us … the sunrise and sunset, the colors of leaves in the fall,  the smell of cut grass in the summer, and a quiet snowfall on a winter day.  I am thankful for a cup of coffee on the porch and moments spent with family.  I am even thankful for piles of dishes and laundry … means we’re leading busy lives; thankful for the extra pounds on my hips … means I have enough to eat; and thankful for piles of photos that need to be organized … means I had a year of great memories.  

And I am simply thankful for TODAY and all that this moment holds!  Yes, I am happy today!

No comments: