Saturday, April 21, 2012

April Showers Bring May Flowers


It has been raining lately. As I look out the window, I notice an eerie calm has settled in the sky and the cool air sends a shiver up my spine. Although it is late afternoon it feels like night has begun to fall. I take a deep breath and consider curling up in the chair with a good book ... but I better keep on keeping on ... perhaps I can curl up with the family in a few hours. Karissa tosses homework questions my way and I receive a text that Christian will be home soon. I begin washing up some potatoes as well as lettuce for salads as I wait for the oven to get hot enough to bake the cod fillets. The water drips from the strainer similar to the way the rain is falling on the window. Talk about April showers ...

It is hard to believe we are half way through April already. It seems like just yesterday it was January 1st and many people were making a variety of New Year's Resolutions. Shortly thereafter I began writing this blog encouraging you all to join me in creating bucket lists (aka New Year's Resolutions). I also encouraged each of you to make action plans you could start on right away. Hopefully at least a few of you jumped on the bandwagon with me! :)  With the year almost a third of the way "accomplished", it is time to look at those lists once again and assess how far we have come. In an attempt to shed the pounds you gained last year, perhaps you made action items such as starting an exercise program, eating healthier or maybe you simply decided to trade in your morning capaccino for a glass of orange juice. Maybe you have had some success ... maybe you even managed to lose a few pounds. Perhaps you went on a bucket list adventure ... or scheduled one for sometime this year
... or maybe you simply managed to save a few dollars toward the adventure you are hoping to be able to afford in an upcoming year. That is all something to be proud of! You may be able to cross some items off your list (or mark them as "done") and you can even add new items for the rest of the year. Some items may show progress but still have a ways to go -- these items can remain on the list. Maybe some items were just too hard and need to be revised to be more realistic ... that is okay too ... don't get discouraged! If you are one of many people who put your New Year's Resolutions aside and never attempted an item on your bucket list ... that is okay too ... it is only April after all ... you have over half the year to try to tackle those items before next year! Keep at it ... remember ... what we do today will create a bright and happy tomorrow ... as they say "April showers bring May flowers!".     

No comments: