Monday, March 19, 2012

There is a Time for Everything ...


They say there is a time for everything in life . . .

My husband’s Grandpa Humpal died this past week … so this weekend was a time to grieve and spend time with extended family remembering the life of Grandpa.  I especially remember my children’s birthday parties which always included (among others) their Great Grandma and Grandpa Humpal as well as their Great Grandma and Grandpa Einck.  Yes, my children were extremely blessed with the rarity of having two sets of Great Grandparents to spend time with.  Not many children can say that!

Sunday was originally planned to be our annual family day in LaCrosse.  I would have assumed I would be writing my blog about how much fun we had on this outing.   This goes to show that, plan as we may, we are not entirely in control of what happens in our lives … we sometimes need to just go with the flow and roll with the punches … as we did this Sunday.

Would I have been happier if life would have allowed us to take our trip to LaCrosse and Chuck E. Cheeses? … You bet I would!  And not long ago, Grandpa would have preferred to spend his time driving around with his wife, visiting with friends and dancing to some polka music.  But some things are just meant to be and are beyond our control. 

What we can control, however, is our reaction to the sudden changes in our lives and our plans.  We can decide that today is no longer a time to be sad over either event … this afternoon I see a different side to both stories … if we look at the positive side … now is a time to continue to look forward to the trip which we will take next weekend instead … and it is Grandpa Humpal’s time to kick up his heels in Heaven!  Yes, there is a time for everything!    

No comments: